Beginning in early 2019, Austin Williams was a student at Hope Vocational Academy. After learning many skills that have prepared him for his current career, Austin is now working as a Clerk in Hope’s Training Department. We asked him a few questions about what led hum into his current role at Hope.
- What your favorite part about working at Hope
- In the past, while I was at the Vocational Academy, I liked to be with the students and help them from time to time and play UNO. By having this job I want them to know that the can accomplish their dreams as well.
- What skills did you learn at Hope Vocational Academy that you use in your current job at Hope?
- Teamwork and leadership skills. I learned that is takes time to get a job and that it’s a long process.
- What is your dream job?
- My dream job is where I work right now – but full time.
- Do you have any personal heroes or people that you look up to and inspire you?
- Teachers who have inspired me include Miss Jayne Bertoglio and Miss Ashley Jones. I learned many things from them and they helped me achieve my goals – like getting this job permanently. They made this dream job come true. Also, I would like to marry my girlfriend, Sarah, someday, which is why I’d like to work full time so that I can get engaged. She’s the love of my life and inspires me daily.